Howdy All! Since I’ve been in a bit of a reading rut, I’ve decided to join the Doin’ It Dirty Read-a-Thon hosted by Amanda of On a Book Bender and Kelly of Reading the Paranormal. Because there is no better way to get out of a rut than to read about people rutting. LOL!
- To be run on July 20th for 12 hours: noon CST to midnight CST
- You don’t have to read the full 12 hours to participate. Join us for however much time you have available!
- You must read erotica or any subgenre of romance that borders on erotica. Remember! We’re doing it dirty.
- Sign up by linking your blog in the linky below
- On July 19th, we’ll post a linky for a goal post/progress updates.
- On July 21st, we’ll give you a chance to recap your goals and let everyone know how you did.
- Use the hashtag #DoinItDirty to track your progress on Twitter
I’m a very slow reader, so I probably won’t get to even half of these, but a girl’s got to have goals. Here is what I have lined up.
- The Siren (The Original Sinners): I picked up this recommendation yesterday from Mandi at Smexy Books, because if anyone knows about Doin’ It Dirty, it’s her. What? I mean it. Haven’t you ever check out her Smex Scene Sunday posts?! Book Tags: Erotic Romance, BDSM. Length: 400 pages
- Ride with Me. Because it’s a ROMANCE NOVEL ABOUT CYCLISTS! And because it’s by a new favorite author of mine. Book Tags: Contemporary Romance, Cycling. Length: 216 pages
- Strangers. Another recommendation I picked up from a blogger who knows best, Lesley of My Keeper Shelf. After seeing her MBB post of Charlie from Strangers, I was a goner. Can’t wait to meet him! Book Tags: Erotic Romance, Contemporary. Length: 309 pages
- Ten Shades of Sexy. I grabbed this one as a FREE download from Amazon because it’s all “the good parts” from 10 different novels. Book Tags: Why Buy the Cow? RC, Erotic. Length: 147 pages
- Wild Card (Down & Dirty #1). I’ve only read a couple of books by Moira Rogers, but I really liked her stuff. Plus, this was another freebie that made me feel like I had struck gold! Book Tags: Why Buy the Cow? RC, Paranormal Romance, #NakedWerewolf. Length: 61 pages
- A Dark Kiss of Rapture. I’ve been hearing a lot about Sylvia Day. This is my chance to try her out. Book Tags: Why Buy the Cow? RC, Paranormal Romance, Erotic. Length: 60 pages.
- Sins of the Highlander (A Highland Erotic Romance). I can’t recall the last time I read about Highlanders, which means, I’m way overdo! Book Tags: Why Buy the Cow? RC, Historical Romance, Erotic. Length: 195 pages.
- Once Bitten, Forever Burned. Vampires are forever.. or are they? Since I don’t read about vampires nearly enough, I threw this one in the mix. Book Tags: Why Buy the Cow? RC, Paranormal Romance, Erotic, Vampires. Length: 163 pages.
Let’s see how far I get! I will be updating my progress on this post.
Welcome to second year of The All Male Review Challenge!
This reading and reviewing challenge, co-hosted by Bewitched Bookworms, Books and Things, Supernatural Snark, In the Closet with a Bibliophile and myself, will run the entire month of JULY.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to read as many YOUNG ADULT (YA) books by male authors or featuring male protagonist during the month of July! And yes, books with alternating POVs count, as long as one of the main characters is male. Co-author books count too, as long as one of the authors is male.
How to participate: Beginning TODAY, any YA book you read and review by a male author or containing a male protagonist is eligible to be entered into our inlinkz collection. At the end of the month, participants will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of our Mega AWESOME Prize Packs of books!
Throughout the month, we will also have spotlight reviews, special guest posts, author interviews, read-alongs and mini giveaways!
The All Male Review Challenge Schedule:
July 1st-7th: Giveaway Hop
July 2nd: Review Link Up post
July 3rd: Interview with author Katie McGarry and giveaway of Pushing the Limits hosted by The Unread Reader
July 06th: Fairy Metal Thunder read-along, chapters 1-6
July 9th: Male authors roundtable and signed books giveaway hosted by Danny of Bewitched Bookworms
July 13th: Fairy Metal Thunder read-along, chapters 7-13
July 16th: Lish McBride guest post and giveaway of Hold Me Closer, Necromancer hosted by Melissa of Books and Things
July 20th: Fairy Metal Thunder read-along, chapters 14-20
July 23rd: Interview with author Veronica Rossi and giveaway of Under the Never Sky hosted by Jenny of Supernatural Snark
July 27th: Fairy Metal Thunder read-along, chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile
July 30th: Interview with author Mike Mullin and giveaway of Ashfall hosted by Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile
August 3rd: Announcement of Grand Prize Winners
Prize Pack 1
Partials by Dan Wells
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Zombie Blondes by Brian James
Jenna & Jonah’s Fauxmance by Brendan Halpin and Emily Franklin
Prize Pack 2
Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
The Last Domino by Adam Meyer
Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese
A Bad Day For Voodoo by Jeff Strand (Thanks to Sourcebooks)
Prize Pack 3
Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2) by Mike Mullin
Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
Doing It by Melvin Burgess
Send by Patty Blount (Thanks to Sourcebooks)
International Prize Pack
Streamline by Jennifer Lane (e-book. Thanks to Omnific Publishing)
Destiny’s Fire by Trisha Wolfe ( (e-book. Thanks to Omnific Publishing)
Ember by Carol Oates (e-book. Thanks to Omnific Publishing)
Breaking Point by Jess Bowen (e-book. Thanks to Omnific Publishing)
Fairy Metal Thunder read-along Prize Pack:
Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1)
Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
Fairystruck (Songs of Magic, #3)
Fairyland (Songs of Magic, #4)
Thanks to J.L. Bryan!
Have we got you interested in participating yet? Great! All you have to do is start linking up your reviews of YA books by male author or featuring male protagonists. Remember: the more reviews you link = the more chances you have to win!
Let the month of boys begin!
Help us get the word out. Grab our buttons!
“Every year, in cities around the world, people ride bikes naked to celebrate cycling and the human body. The ride demonstrates the vulnerability of cyclists on the road and is a protest against car culture.”
~World Naked Bike Ride wiki
To learn more or to find a ride to participate in, visit the World Naked Bike Ride website.
Remember, the road is for ALL types of travelers.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed the badges around, but we’re doing a special read-a-long in June for Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen! Why is it special you ask? Well, besides the fact that we are special (too much?) it’s going to be a Scavenger Hunt Read-a-Long. Kind of like when we were kids but with more swearing and the zombie apocalypse. So, go get the book and join us for a month of fun and prize packs that may make you pass out with the awesome.
Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) – Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) – Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) – Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) – Tina @ Tina’s Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) – Missie @ The Unread Reader
RULES and DIRECTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
1. Must have a blog or outlet to participate in the answering of questions (if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads will work or any place you can post up your pictures/answer to the questions and people can visit.) For all those who don’t have a blog, they are free to open and you can close it whenever you want.
2. You must answer all the questions on your site.
3. This read-a-long is a scavenger hunt. It WILL INVOLVE PICTURES. We will be posting pictures of things you’ll be asked to find around your house, from the book. You will NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE of yourself with said item and post it up.
4. There will be 4 items to find every week and 1 question to answer.
5. The 4 items and 1 question for each week will be available the previous week. They will be found on the blog that is hosting the following week (i.e. Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette will host the 2nd week of June. On June 1st (week 1) you will find her items/questions ON HER BLOG for week 2.)
6. After posting up your pictures/question, make sure to link your DIRECT URL into the linky of that weeks hosting blog.
7. Visit the other linked up participants and leave comments on their posts.
8. Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! Winners will be chosen using Random.org.
9. International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country).
Attention all participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
Wanna join us?
Visit any of the participating blogs above to sign up and head on over to Jen’s at In the Closet With a Bibliophile to grab the first set of Scavenger Items for week one!
About the Book:
Married With Zombies (Kindle)
Married With Zombies (Mass Market Paperback)
Living With The Dead #1
A heartwarming tale of terror in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.
Meet Sarah and David.
Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they’re on the verge of divorce and going to couples’ counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things – the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client’s throat.
Meet the Zombies.
Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn’t mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don’t eat their brains, they might just kill each other.
Prize Pack 1: I <3 Zombies tote bag, Shaun of the Dead DVD & Beaded Bookmark
Prize Pack 2: The Zombie Survival Guide, “We Ate Your Stick Family” Car Decal, & Bookmark
Prize Pack 3: All three books from Living With the Dead Series & Beaded Bookmark
Prize Pack 4: In the Dead e-Book, Shambling With the Stars e-Book & 1 book costing up to $10 from The Book Depository
Grab a button and sign up!
Do you love to read? Do you have a massive TBR pile that silently mocks you every time you walk by? Do you like to win suff? If you answered Yes to any of these questions, then you need to check out the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon hosted by Amanda of On a Book Bender.
How it works:
- Read as much (or as little) as you can between 12:00am 8/22 and 11:59pm 8/28 (your time zone).
- Visit with fellow participants and procrastinate on reading as much as you can!
- Post on your blog, Goodreads, or Twitter. If you’re on Twitter, please use the hashtag #boutofbooks.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Challenge and Giveaway Schedule:
Want to sign up or have more questions? Head over to On a Book Bender!!
P.S. In case you missed it, check out my Beyond the Blog interview on Paranormal Haven.