Welcome to another Iron Legends blog tour stop hosted by Kismet Book Touring! As a long time fan of Julie Kagawa’s, I’m super excited to be part of the tour and to be representing the coolest court of the realm, The Winter Court!
With elections just around the corner and because of the fact that Prince Ash has renounced his crown, I thought it would be a perfect time for me to announce my intent to run for Ruler of the Winter Court. I know. I know. If Queen Mab found out about my plans to run against her, I’d be a Popsicle before I could even say the word. But come on! She has to know how to chill, right? I mean, didn’t she kind of invent it or something?
So, you might be wondering what a small town girl from Texas knows about ruling The Winter Court? Truth is, not much, but I’m the type of candidate that is not only willing to work hard, but also intends to keep it any promises I make. With that in mind, I’d like to present the following changes I’d install if I were elected Ruler of The Winter Court:
- Three day weekends. Unfortunately, we all have to work to make a living, and the expenses of court are significant, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t take a decent amount of time off to relax and unwind. My philosophy has always been: Work to live, not live to work! Therefore, I propose that weekends start on Friday and end on Sunday!
- Speaking of Sundays, why not Sundays on Mondays?! Who couldn’t use a nice ice cream sunday on Monday to start their work week off with a blast? Want extra cherries on top, no problem! Just say the word, and it’s done!
- Activity period. During your workday, I’d allow you a hour and a half to hit the gym. We do have to work off those sundays after all, and I can’t think of a better way than to take a Spinning class or to show us your cool moves in a Zumba class. Health and Wellness improves longevity, and I want you all around for a long, long time.
- Social events. I don’t just want to be your ruler, I also want to be your friend, so I plan to host many social events. Come on over to my palace for movie night and Taco Tuesdays! I promise to have a couple of pool parties too, and yes, the jacuzzi will be open to all.
- Opportunities for growth. Feel like you need to improve your sword wielding and pillaging skills? Then why not take a class! I plan to hire only the best in the business to help you sharpen your skills and put them to good use!
What do you say? Will you vote for me to be your next ruler of The Winter Court?! I’d very much appreciate your support.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for any persons killed by Mab on election day.
Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.
Unless he can earn a soul.
To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.
Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.
With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side.
To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale.
And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Julie Kagawa was born in Sacramento, California. But nothing exciting really happened to her there. So, at the age of nine she and her family moved to Hawaii, which she soon discovered was inhabited by large carnivorous insects, colonies of house geckos and frequent hurricanes. She spent much of her time in the ocean, when she wasn’t getting chased out of it by reef sharks, jellyfish and the odd eel.
To pay the rent, Julie worked in different bookstores over the years, but discovered the managers frowned upon her reading the books she was supposed to be shelving. So she turned to her other passion: training animals. She worked as a professional dog trainer for several years, dodging Chihuahua bites and overly enthusiastic Labradors, until her first book sold and she stopped training to write full-time.
Julie now lives in Louisville, Kentucky, where the frequency of shark attacks are at an all-time low. She lives with her husband, two obnoxious cats, one Australian shepherd who is too smart for his own good and the latest addition, a hyperactive Papillon puppy.
For more chances to win, visit the other stops on the Iron Legends tour!
Monday, August 20th: Bewitched Bookworms - Intro Post
Tuesday, August 21th: Page Turners – Court: Summer – Special Post from Julie
Wednesday, August 22th: Harlequin Blog – Court: Iron – Book Iron King
Thursday, August 23th: Alison Can Read – Court: Summer – Book Iron Daughter
Friday, August 24th: Wastepaperprose – Court: Winter – Book: Winter’s Passage – Special Post from Julie
Monday, August 27th: Mundie Mom’s – Court Summer – Book Iron Queen, Summer’s Crossing
Tuesday, August 28th: Bookalicio.us – Court: Iron – Special Post from Julie
Wednesday, August 29th: The Unread Reader – Court: Winter – Book: Iron Knight
Thursday, August 30th: Supernatural Snark – Court: Winter – Book: Iron Prophecy, Iron Legends
Friday, August 31th: Bewitched Bookworms – Court: Iron – Book: Iron Prince