Questions Week 1
1. In chapter 2 Sarah has to put her marriage therapist “to rest” with a letter opener. Let’s see your weaponized letter opener in mid-action! No letter opener? Think fast! You need to rescue your friend/significant other! What are you going to use when no actual weapons are available? No knives, no guns! Show me what you’ve got!
The nearest makeshift weapon I could find was Ozzie’s back scratcher. I was going to try to demonstrate just how deadly it could be, but then Ozzie saw me pick it up and he suddenly claimed to have an itch he couldn’t reach so I had to lead a hand. But I’m certain I’d be able to poke some Zombie eyeballs out with it. If they can’t see me, they can’t eat me.
P.S. Yes, sometimes I use Ozzie’s back scratcher on myself. *hangs head in shame*
2. In chapter 2 Sarah is wrestling with Dr. Kelly and David can’t seem to find a weapon to help his dear wife with. Until…Sarah yells at him to use something on Dr. Kelly’s body, which he grabs and smashes into her head. I want to see your most killer pair of this item!
My most killer pair of shoes are my skates! Yeah, yeah, laugh if you want, but I’m telling you, these babies can cause some damage. I should know. I’ve fallen on them and have had them swung at my arms and legs. Talk about some serious ouchies!
3. In chapter 3, Sarah hears an unexpected noise in the bathroom while she’s nervously peeing. She grabs “the closest thing there was to a weapon in the room”. I want a picture of the same type of item that is closest to you….no soft edges people. They won’t do the brain damage necessary to kill the living dead.
I conveniently have a couple of books I just got in the mail a few of days ago still sitting on my coffee table. Looks like being too lazy to shelve them properly is actually blessing in disguise for when the zombie apocalypse hits. And I know the one on top is a paperback, but seriously, what zombie is going to want to mess with me when I flash them that cover?! (Thanks Maja!)
4. At the end of chapter 5, Dave gives Sarah a weapon just before they are leaving their apartment to pay a little visit to Jack & Amanda’s apartment. Let’s see a picture of yours (same type of item).
I was one of those kids that loved to play with flashlights, and I still do, so I have about a dozen or so scattered throughout my house. Makes me feel all prepared and stuff.
5. How do you feel about the book up to this point? Any thoughts you want to share?
MwZ is a re-read for me, well a re-listen since I have the audiobook, and one thing that has really surprised me is how much fun I’m having listening to it all over again. So far, it’s just as awesome as the first time.
Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week 1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) – Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week 2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) – Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week 3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) – Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week 4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) – Tina @ Tina’s Book Reviews
Week 5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) – Missie @ The Unread Reader
Prize Pack 1: I <3 Zombies tote bag, Shaun of the Dead DVD & Beaded Bookmark
Prize Pack 2: The Zombie Survival Guide, “We Ate Your Stick Family” Car Decal, & Bookmark
Prize Pack 3: All three books from Living With the Dead Series & Beaded Bookmark
Prize Pack 4: In the Dead e-Book, Shambling With the Stars e-Book & 1 book costing up to $10 from The Book Depository
Head over to Jen’s blog at In the Closet With a Bibliophile to link up your post for week one!