What was doing?
- My site got a new look, which I adore (Thanks, Tawni)! And I moved from Blogger to WordPress (self-hosted). In all honesty, I’m still not sure the move was the best decision for me. In my first attempt to transfer my content, I lost seven months worth of blog comments, which left me devastated beyond belief. In my desperation, I reached out to the lovely Felicia of Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog, and she graciously helped me re-import my content, which saved my comments (YAY!), but then I lost a lot of my images (Boo!). Needless to say, this whole transfer has been a stressful and time consuming nightmare.
- Author Kevin Hearne stopped by to answer some interview questions, and he even brought along Atticus and Co.
- Author Kristy Berridge introduced the characters of The Hunted.
- Author Darby Karchut celebrated her latest book release with a Top Ten list!
- Can Sex Save a Marriage? Author Diane Escalera answered this question in her guest post.
- Is the Supernatural just fiction? Author K.L. Glanville doesn’t think so in her guest post.
- Author Jolene Perry stopped by to share her life in photos.
- I don’t know how, but I did my first (and possibly LAST) 21 mile bike ride. Note to self: Never attempt a long distance bike ride again without training for it first. FYI: Yes, I came in DEAD LAST. Finished in 2hrs and 8 mins.
- Completely my second ever 5k. It was a nighttime run on South Padre Island! The turn out was amazing!!! Finished in 57 mins. Yes, I mostly walked.
- I’m in my fifth week of Roller Derby School. In order to participate in bouts, I have to pass a Minimum Skills Requirements (MSR) test, which includes skating 25 laps in 5 minutes. On my first try of this, I only completed 17 laps. *sobs* Hopefully, I can improve by week ten, which is when I get to test. *fingers crossed*
Book bloggers featured on When I’m Not Reading:
- Flannery, Catie, and Tatiana of The Readventurer
- Amy of book goonie
- Nea of My Life Is A Fairytale That Will Never End
The Read and Reviewed: (title, author, rating)
- Masquerade by Cambria Hebert, 3
- American Vampire by J.R. Rain, 3.5
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, 3.5
- A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster, 3.5
- Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann, 2.5
- Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward, 4*
*My Favorite Book of the Month
My Book Boyfriends:
- Shane Laughlin, Born to Darkness
- Sam Kavanagh, Masquerade
- Manny Manello, Lover Unleashed
- Spencer Lark, A Perfect Storm
- Many of you have been asking about The All Male Review Challenge. Yes, it will be coming back. I’m sorting out the details now, and hope to have them posted by the middle of the month.
- Mark you calendars! May 18th = My Birthday! I’ll be 33! Yeehaw! I’m thinking a giveaway is in order. Who wants to win a vampire book? *studiously ignores the collective groans in the room*
- And of course, we’ve got another read-along coming your way! This time, BRAINS are on the menu!
Please feel free to leave a link to your monthly recap so I can check it out.