I don’t know if you’ve noticed the badges around, but we’re doing a special read-a-long in June for Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen! Why is it special you ask? Well, besides the fact that we are special (too much?) it’s going to be a Scavenger Hunt Read-a-Long. Kind of like when we were kids but with more swearing and the zombie apocalypse. So, go get the book and join us for a month of fun and prize packs that may make you pass out with the awesome.
Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) – Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) – Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) – Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) – Tina @ Tina’s Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) – Missie @ The Unread Reader
RULES and DIRECTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
1. Must have a blog or outlet to participate in the answering of questions (if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads will work or any place you can post up your pictures/answer to the questions and people can visit.) For all those who don’t have a blog, they are free to open and you can close it whenever you want.
2. You must answer all the questions on your site.
3. This read-a-long is a scavenger hunt. It WILL INVOLVE PICTURES. We will be posting pictures of things you’ll be asked to find around your house, from the book. You will NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE of yourself with said item and post it up.
4. There will be 4 items to find every week and 1 question to answer.
5. The 4 items and 1 question for each week will be available the previous week. They will be found on the blog that is hosting the following week (i.e. Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette will host the 2nd week of June. On June 1st (week 1) you will find her items/questions ON HER BLOG for week 2.)
6. After posting up your pictures/question, make sure to link your DIRECT URL into the linky of that weeks hosting blog.
7. Visit the other linked up participants and leave comments on their posts.
8. Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! Winners will be chosen using Random.org.
9. International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country).
Attention all participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
Visit any of the participating blogs above to sign up and head on over to Jen’s at In the Closet With a Bibliophile to grab the first set of Scavenger Items for week one!
A heartwarming tale of terror in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.
Meet Sarah and David.
Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they’re on the verge of divorce and going to couples’ counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things – the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client’s throat.
Meet the Zombies.
Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn’t mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don’t eat their brains, they might just kill each other.
Prize Pack 3: All three books from Living With the Dead Series & Beaded Bookmark