Kiss Me, I’m Irish is a read-along of HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and hosted by Felicia of Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog, Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile and me!
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
I’m terrible at keeping secrets about surprise events. I just get so freaking excited, and I feel like I’m gonna burst. Luckily, I haven’t ruined any surprises yet, but I think my hints are usually pretty obvious, though my family is pretty good about letting me get away with it.
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, “the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility.” Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
Embrace, embrace, embrace! Of course, with my luck, if vampires and werewolves revealed themselves, they probably wouldn’t be the romanticized versions I’ve dreamed them to be, but I still believe there is more in this vast universe than our known species.
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
Well, the invisibility seemed to be the most helpful so far, especially if you happen to find yourself naked and needing to nap under a tree. But the shape shifting is pretty freaking ninja!
What I love most about Atticus is that though he can access to great power through the earth, he doesn’t abuse his power. He knows it’s about give and take and maintaining a balance. He’s like the president and treasurer of the Tree Huggers Association.
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That’s when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
Besides fighting for my right to PARTY, I’d also get my dukes out for my family. My sister will tell you that I’m a pretty aggressive and overprotective ‘momma bear’, much to her chagrin. And my reply to her is, “why don’t you try being the oldest sister of six and see how you feel?!” Besides, it’s common knowledge that big sister knows best.
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
I wasn’t expecting Atticus to go down so quickly when first reaching the fight, but I thought it was great because it did show that he’s largely human and could be killed. And I thought it was funny that Aenghus Óg turned out to be nothing more than a bully who wasn’t really capable of fighting his own battles.
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
Aside from Atticus, Mrs. MacDonagh and Oberon were my favorites. Seriously, I’ve learned a lot from Mrs. MacDonagh. In a couple of years (hehe), when I’m the same age as her, I plan to have some hot, neighborly guy coming over to cut my yard. He’d also be shirtless of course, so I could ogle him properly from the porch swing while shouting out inappropriate comments that will be ignored due to my advanced age.
My least favorite character was probably Granuaile! Okay, that’s not entirely fair, because she’s kind of cool, but dammit, every time Atticus swooned over her, I turned a little green.
My favorite scene was when Atticus and Leif fought those Fir Bolgs. I loved the way they played off of each other. It was fun.
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
Epe! I’m bursting at the seams here. Should I spill all he surprises? You know I want to. hehe
I’m all caught up on the series so far, and I’m eagerly awaiting Tricked! I hope to find out if a certain vampire is okay. *bites nails*
Read-alongers: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day). With the new CAPTCHA system on Blogger, it is even more difficult and annoying to comment, especially if someone is trying to comment from a phone or tablet. Truth is, many commentors now skip over blogs with CAPTCHA. To keep commenting simple and fun for everyone, please turn CAPTCHA off. If you need insturctions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
Stay tuned next week, April 6th, for a special interview with Kevin Hearne & the announcement of winners! Also, if you have a question for Kevin, leave it in the comments and we will make sure he gets it.