Kiss Me, I’m Irish is a read-along of HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and hosted by Felicia of Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog, Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile and me!
1. Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book: “There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and formost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius.” If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?
Oh, man! Where do I start? Those all inclusive vacations to Mars, flying cars, and the Michael Jackson clone. He’ll probably be able to do the moonwalk on the moon, and I don’t want to miss it.
2. In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers! Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus? I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!
Though I’m inclined to say that everyone’s luck runs out at some point, I think Atticus is too smart to ever have his defenses down completely. He’s already survived for two millennia, and that couldn’t have been easy to pull off. I think his distractions are more for “show”, to fool people into thinking he’s distracted when he is really sizing them up.
3. The literary world’s coolest dog is introduced in this chapter! Did you love Oberon immediately? Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse—what is your pick–pictures please)?
Yes! I LOVE Oberon. That is why I have him hanging out with me on the March header for my blog. LOL!
My dog, Ozzie, is 11 years old. I’ve had him since he was three months, so he’s pretty much stuck being my constant companion. I’d love it if he were able to talk. Then maybe we could have a long discussion on why he insists on lying on my bed with is butt on my pillows. Though I have a feeling he’d probably tell me it’s payback for not walking him enough. Old fart acts like he doesn’t get spoiled with his favorite treats!
4. In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek? He says nobody pays attention to names here. Do you know what your name means and where it comes from? Or do you have a name you wish had? Let’s talk names!
My name means HONEY BEE!!! I love that. When I was a youngling, my mom always called me her little bee. One day, when I stopped to notice, I asked why, and then she explained the whole meaning of names thing to me. As a kid, this fascinated me. Since then, I’ve felt like I’ve had a kinship with bee. I mean, I’ve never been stung by a bee and coincidentally, my high school mascot was a yellowjacket!
Oh, and FYI, I MAY or may not have a Bee tattoo. Seriously, 18 year olds shouldn’t be allowed to get tattoos, especially ones that they think look cute on a greeting card. *sigh* Tattoo regrets aside, I still obsessively collect things with bees.
|This is just the Bee stuff I had near by, there’s more scattered all over my house!|
5. We learn about Atticus’ lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo! Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.
I honestly don’t think there could be a better law team than a vampire and a werewolf. The obvious positive is that they’d find a legal way to suck dry any court room threat! The neg would be they’d probably suck dry the client in the process.
Looking for next week’s questions? Visit Amanda of On a Book Bender to grab them!
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! The first name drawn will get first choice and so on. Wondering what’s up for grabs? A Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.
International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).