Sometimes, getting book bullied into reading a book you completely weren’t expecting to like is a reward in itself. Take, for example, my latest literary crush: Ryu Baobhan Sith, of Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler. When Jen at In the Closet with a Bibliophile told me I’d fall head over Red Velvet Cupcakes for him, I thought “as if anything is more delicious than Red Velvet Cupcakes!” But then Ryu flashed some fang, and I was hooked. Actually, Jen is Team Anyan, another guy (sort of) from the Jane True series, but I’m not yet convinced, so for now, my heart is with the vampire.
Ryu Baobhan Sith:
- Investigator for the Compound
- 270 years old vampire
- only about 5’9″, but dresses very well
- has thick brown hair & a small but full-lipped mouth
- drives a silver Porsche Boxster
- likes music and going to the theater, especially operas
- loves to be around humans, and tries to stay current on pop culture
- is into Manga and new Brit pop
- is very forward, but knows how to spoil a lady
“I like you, Jane. Not despite your history, but because of it. And there’s one other thing, something I think you should know.” Ryu paused for dramatic effect, and I finally raised my eyes to meet his.
“I am a breast man. And you, my darling, have an incredibly nice rack,” he concluded, causing me to blush and giggle.
“This is how your life should be,” he said, his eyes gazing into mine. “You should be dressed in satin…” He ran a finger over my lips, which parted under his touch. “…pampered…” he murmured, as I nibbled on his finger. “…loved…” he concluded, pulling me toward him for a kiss.
FYI: I’m having another Take My Book Boyfriend Home GIVEAWAY! To enter, visit this post: Follower Love Giveaway Hop.